How to Change Main Panel Battery
Locate the main panel box, It will be metal, beige in color and have one or two screws holding the door shut (#6 Robertson screws)
Remove the screws and open the panel. Locate the main battery (NP7-12). Disconnect both leads (wires) from the battery. Disconnect by pulling from the battery terminal connectors.
Once the old battery is removed and the new battery in its place, reconnect the red lead to the red terminal and the black lead to the black terminal.
How to Change Device and Keyfob Batteries
GE Wireless Door Contact (60-362N-10-319.5)
Battery: One 3 Volt Lithium. Use a CR123A style.
To Open Device: Squeeze short sides of contact in & pull away from wall.
GE Allegro Wireless Door Contact (60-670-95R)
Battery: 2 x Lithium AAA
To Open Device: Press button on short end of contact & lift cover away from the wall.
GE Allegro Wireless Glassbreak Detector (60-873-95)
Battery: One 3 Volt Lithium. Use a CR123A style
To Open Device: Wiggle & pull straight off.
GE Allegro Wireless Pet Immune Detector (60-807-95R)
Battery: 2 Lithium AA
To Open Device: Depress tab on top of motion detector & pull away from wall. Depress 3 tabs using thumb & fingers. Pull front of motion away from backing.
GE Wireless Smoke Detector (GEC-TX6010011)
Battery: Two 3 Volt Lithium. Use a CR123A style.
To Open Device: Twist counter clockwise & pull off. To replace, line up arrows on base with raised bump on side of detector & turn clockwise.
GE Wireless 4 Button Keyfob (60-659-95R)
Battery: One flat “coin” style Lithium CR2032
To Open Device: Pull apart or use flat screwdriver to lightly separate casing. Remove circuit board & slide out battery.
How to View and Read Trouble Conditions
How to Reset a Smoke Detector
How to Complete a Full System Test
1. Prior to testing, ensure your system is disarmed and Ready light is On.
2. If there are any open zones you must secure them before you start.
3. Before you start don’t forget to call our monitoring station (1-855-488-3777) to put your system on test. Quick Tip – Before calling the monitoring station please have ready your verbal passcode & your account number as well. If you are unsure of your account number call our office 403-343-1122.
4. Arm your system in away mode and once the countdown stops; start opening windows and doors, walk in front of the motion detectors if you have glass breaks clap your hand close to it and make it as loud as you can.
5. Once you have completed all your zones turn off your alarm system and call back the monitoring station to see if they received your signals.
Should the system fail to function properly, call us 1-403-343-1122 immediately for service.
How to Turn On/Off Chimes
How to Bypass Zones
How to Silence Keypad Beeping
How to Arm/Disarm System (Stay and Away Mode)
When arming the system, you are turning on intrusion detection. When disarming the system, you are turning off intrusion detection. Since your security needs may vary throughout the day, your system has three levels to meet these different needs. By setting your system to a particular level, only those sensors programmed to detect in that level will activate an alarm.
• Level 1 (Off)
• Level 2 (Stay)
• Level 3 (Away)
Note: No matter which level your system is set to, sensors programmed as active 24 hours a day (smoke sensors, heat sensors, panic buttons, and environmental sensors) continue to monitor for and report alarm conditions.
Level 1 (Off)
Use arming level 1 (disarmed) to turn off intrusion/burglary protection for your system when security is not a concern. Other situations for level 1 arming include; Disarm the system when you enter the armed premises through a designated delay door, disarm the system before opening a window or door to prevent an alarm, disarm the system to turn off the sirens when an alarm condition occurs.
To disarm to level 1 using the panel keypad:
1. Press Disarm once. The panel displays Enter Code to DISARM.
2. Enter your access code. The panel displays the current time and the system sounds one beep.
To disarm to level 1 using a keychain touchpad press Unlock.
Level 2 (Stay)
There are times when you want intrusion protection, but still want the freedom to move around inside your home without setting off an alarm. In this situation, set your system to level 2 (doors and windows) to turn off the interior motion sensors.
To arm to level 2 using the panel keypad:
1. Close all protected perimeter doors and windows.
2. Press Arm once. The panel displays Enter Code to ARM.
3. Enter your access code. The panel displays EXIT TIME XX and Lock Doors and Windows. The system sounds two beeps.
4. If you are leaving the premises, exit through a designated delay door before the delay time expires.
Note: If the quick arm feature is on, an access code is not required to arm the system to level 2.
To arm to level 2 using a keychain touchpad press Lock.
Level 3 (Away)
When everyone will be away from the premises, set your system to level 3 (motions, doors, and windows) for maximum protection. In level 3 all sensors are active including perimeter door and window sensors and interior motion detectors.
To arm to level 3 using the panel keypad:
1. Close all perimeter doors and windows.
2. Press Arm twice. The panel displays Enter Code to ARM.
3. Enter your access code. The panel displays EXIT TIME XX and Lock Motion Sensors, Doors and Windows. The system sounds three short beeps.
4. Exit through a designated delay door before the delay time expires.
Note: If the quick arm feature is on, an access code is not required to arm the system to level 3.
To arm to level 3 using a keychain touchpad press Lock twice to go from level 1 to level 3, or once to go from level 2 to level 3. The system sounds three short beeps.
This option lets you arm your system without using an access code. You will still need to enter an access code to disarm the system. Your dealer/installer can turn this option on or off for you.
To use the quick arm option:
1. To arm to level 2 with quick arm enabled, press Arm once or to arm to level 3 with quick arm enabled, press Arm twice.
This option is useful when you want to quickly exit and reenter a door without disarming your system.
To use the quick exit option:
1. When the system is armed to level 2 or 3, press Quick Exit. The panel displays QUICK 120 and begins a two-minute countdown.
2. Open the door and exit.
3. Reenter the door within two minutes and close the door.
The system rearms after the two-minute countdown.
How to Disconnect a CO Detector
How to Turn On/Off Chimes
1. Make sure the system is disarmed.
2. Press 8. The panel displays ENTER CODE FOR SETTINGS.
3. Enter the primary user code (the default is 1234). The first menu item displays (CODES). The primary user code can be changed, but not deleted.
To change the primary user code:
1. Press # once.
2. Press # to display the current primary user code.
3. Enter the desired primary user code, and then press #.
User codes (2 to 4)
The system does not accept the same code for two different user codes.
To program/change user codes 2 to 4:
1. Press # once, and then scroll down until the desired user code is reached.
2. Press # to display the current user code (if any).
3. Enter the desired user code, and then press #.
To delete user codes 2 to 4:
1. Press # once, and then scroll until you reach the code you want to delete.
2. Press # twice to delete the user code
How to Program User Codes
1. Press 8 followed by the master code
2. Scroll down until you see time and choose the pound key
3. Enter time and scroll down to select am or pm.
4. Scroll to Exit programming
5. Press the # to exit programming
How to Change the Date and Time
1. Press *6 followed by the master code
2. Press 1 and the keypad will now accept 10 digits
3. Enter the time in hours and minutes using the 24-hour format
4. Enter the date in months, days and years (MM DD YY).
5. Press the # button twice to exit programming.